Sunday, December 10, 2017

To Life

Life is interesting. The paths our lives take are interesting. I like pondering how I got to where I am. The many decisions that were made, either by myself or by others that brought me to this very point. So many times at church I have felt the Spirit confirming to me that I am where I am supposed to be. Despite being ignored by our Bishop and made to feel like I'm invisible and a follower of Satan for affirming that I am transgender, this is where I'm supposed to be. This is where I and my family are supposed to be; the hand of God brought us here. Here to this small town in rural America surrounded by gun-totin', evangelical Trump supporters.  The media would, and does, tell us that these people are ignorant, mean, bad people. But as I get to know more and more of our neighbours and fellow members in our church congregation, and they get to know me, I am astounded at their love and acceptance. Their faith, righteousness, charity, love, and desire to follow God inspires me to be a better person. And this is not merely about finding acceptance for being myself, for being transgender, but about the opportunities for each member of our family. We have all thrived here. Things have come together as if by magic to improve our health and happiness. We are closer to the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment