Thursday, January 23, 2014

Day 20 - To Parent or not to Parent

20) Do you want to be a parent why or why not?

I'm already a father. I have two wonderful boys. The oldest(6 1/2 years old) is autistic. He is nonverbal and high-functioning. His younger brother is almost 4 years old. I love them both a lot. They are a main reason I have kept myself alive. I live for them.

My wife and I want to have another child, one of our own. Since I am on hormones and spironolactone, I'm pretty much sterile at the moment. We're hoping that once I stop taking the pills, that we'll be able to conceive. We've talked about it a lot. Hopefully I am still able.

My greatest desire, though, is to be able to carry and bear a child myself. Science is getting closer everyday, but to transplant a uterus into a non-cis woman is a far ways off both politically and technically.  For now, I am content with being able to nurse our baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment