Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Mission Reflections

I realized today that it's been a little over nineteen years since I started a two-year mission to Hungary for my church. I was just over nineteen years old at the time and thought that I knew so much. I was so sure of where my future was headed. It's been anything but what I imagined, and I'm grateful for that! Three houses bought, four trips to Europe, three beautiful sons with a fourth on the way, a divorce, two education degrees, a bunch of cross-country road trips, thousands of miles on foot, various certifications including Master Gardener, four dogs (I still get teary now eleven years after "Pookie" passed), five (5 too many lol) indoor cats, countless friends from church and running from all around the world, many tears, many smiles and laughs, many mountain peaks, countless gorgeous vistas, and so on.

I like to think I've learned a thing or two on this journey that is, statistically speaking, only halfway done. I hope I'm less judgemental of others. That I listen more than I talk. That I'm more empathetic and understanding of others. That it always gets better in the end, and if it's not getting better, it's not the end yet. That's it's better to let it out than to keep it in. That Mother Nature is a way better Gardener than I'll ever be. To embrace the suck and the mundane and to enjoy the present. That stuff doesn't really matter cause it just comes and goes, but memories of time spent with family and friends, those stay forever. That it all comes down to love.

#nostalgia #lifeisgood #T-I-M-E #ultrarunner #ultrarunninglife

Gracetől való gondolkodások
Másnap észre vettem hogy tizenkilenc éve van azóta hogy missziómra indultam. Akkor csak tizenkilenc éves voltam és azt hittem hogy sokat tudtam. Olyan biztos is voltam arról hogy mit hozna nekem a jövő. Egyáltalán nem volt olyan amilyet képzeltem és nagyon hálás vagyok érte.

No comments:

Post a Comment