Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Vermont 100 - 2017

One hour ten minutes! Four thousand two hundred seconds. Four thousand nine hundred heart beats (average resting heart rate). A space shuttle takes approximately 90 minutes to orbit earth.

That's how much faster I ran the Vermont 100 race this year compared to last year. 

The race director had challenged me to finish under twenty hours.  AND I DID IT. I CAN DO HARD THINGS!!!

It was a great weekend.  The whole family came.  We brought the popup trailer and stayed at a nearby campground.  It was nice having them there.  I stayed solo, meaning I ran without crew and without a pacer.  So the family could cheer me on only at a couple spectator locations, not at any of the aid stations. I never saw them, not until after I finished.  I finished so much faster this year, that my wife didn't think I'd finish so soon.  I had had a great day.  And it was super nice to sleep on a bed, and sleep with my whole family.

No comments:

Post a Comment