Sunday, October 19, 2014

Memories Growing Up

Sister on mission talking about lipstick and makeup. Wearing lipstick covers lips so they don't get any sun and therefore get lighter and require lipstick for some color.

A friend, H, in elementary told me I looked like a girl because my shirt was hanging off my shoulder. (My shirt was too big as well.)

I played with the girls in school. My friends were girls. I really liked Melissa in first grade.

I wanted to play with dolls but stayed away from them because I was a boy, and boys don't play with dolls.

While at a family reunion campout, my cousin, C had some girl issue. I think she had her period for the first time. It was all hush-hush. Nobody would tell me what was going on. I was about 12.

Throughout High School, I talked with the girls and longed to be in their circles, to giggle with them, hear their stories, cry with them, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment